Label: VICKS VAPOSTEAM- camphor (synthetic) liquid
- NDC Code(s): 37000-522-08
- Packager: Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated October 10, 2012
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- Active ingredient
temporarily relieves cough associated with a coldClose
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, emphysema or asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
When using this product, do not
- use near an open flame
- take by mouth
- direct steam from the vaporizer too close to the face
- add to hot water or any container where heating water except when adding to cold water only in a hot steam vaporizer. May cause splattering and result in burns.
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of eye exposure (flush eyes with water); or in case of accidental ingestion, seek medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- see important warnings under "When using this product"
- adults & children 2 years & over: use 1 tablespoon of solution for each quart of water or 1½ teaspoons of solution for each pint of water
- add solution directly to cold water only in a hot steam vaporizer
- follow manufacturer's directions for using vaporizer
- breathe in medicated vapors
- may be repeated up to 3 times a day
- children under 2 years: do not use
- Other information
- close container tightly and store at room temperature away from heat
- Inactive ingredients
alcohol 78%, cedarleaf oil, eucalyptus oil, laureth-7, menthol, nutmeg oil, poloxamer 124, siliconeClose
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
Dist. by Procter & Gamble,Close
Cincinnati OH 45202.
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 236 ml Bottle Carton
LIQUID MEDICATION FOR
HOT STEAM VAPORIZERS
Increases the action of steam
to relieve coughs from colds
See Drug Facts
8 FL OZ (236 ml)
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
camphor (synthetic) liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:37000-522 Route of Administration RESPIRATORY (INHALATION) Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength camphor (synthetic) (UNII: 5TJD82A1ET) (camphor (synthetic) - UNII:5TJD82A1ET) camphor (synthetic) 0.062 g in 1 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength alcohol (UNII: 3K9958V90M) cedar leaf oil (UNII: BJ169U4NLG) eucalyptus oil (UNII: 2R04ONI662) laureth-7 (UNII: Z95S6G8201) menthol (UNII: L7T10EIP3A) nutmeg oil (UNII: Z1CLM48948) poloxamer 124 (UNII: 1S66E28KXA) Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score Shape Size Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:37000-522-08 1 in 1 CARTON 1 236 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH FINAL part341 02/28/1995 Labeler - Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Procter & Gamble Manufactura, S. de R.L. de C.V. 812807550 MANUFACTURE(37000-522)