Label: MENTHOLATUM FOR KIDS COUGH SUPPRESSANT- camphor, eucalyptus oil, menthol natural ointment
- NDC Code(s): 10742-8095-1
- Packager: The Mentholatum Company
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated February 8, 2011
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients
Eucalyptus oil 1.2%
Menthol, natural 2.6%Close
Camphor - Cough suppressant
Eucalyptus oil - Cough suppressant
Menthol, natural - Cough suppressantClose
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with a cold
- reduces cough to help you sleep
For external use only
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
When using this product
- do not heat
- do not microwave
- do not add to hot water or any container where heating water. May cause splattering and result in burns.
- do not take by mouth or place in nostrils
- do not get into eyes
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- irritation of the skin occurs
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- see important warnings under "When using this product"
- adults and children 2 years and over:
- rub a thick layer on throat and chest
- cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
- clothing should be left loose about the throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth
- use up to 3 times daily. or as directed by a doctor
- children under 2 years: ask a doctor
- Inactive ingredients
fragrance, petrolatum, steareth-2, titanium dioxideClose
Toll free 1-877-636-2677 MON-FRI 9AM to 5PM
- Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Mentholatum for Kids
Topical Cherry Scented RubClose
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
MENTHOLATUM FOR KIDS COUGH SUPPRESSANT
camphor, eucalyptus oil, menthol natural ointment
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:10742-8095 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) (UNII: 5TJD82A1ET) (CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) - UNII:5TJD82A1ET) CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) 47 mg in 1 g EUCALYPTUS OIL (UNII: 2R04ONI662) (EUCALYPTUS OIL - UNII:2R04ONI662) EUCALYPTUS OIL 12 mg in 1 g MENTHOL (UNII: L7T10EIP3A) (MENTHOL - UNII:L7T10EIP3A) MENTHOL 26 mg in 1 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength PETROLATUM (UNII: 4T6H12BN9U) STEARETH-2 (UNII: V56DFE46J5) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:10742-8095-1 1 in 1 CARTON 1 50 g in 1 JAR Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 08/12/1993 Labeler - The Mentholatum Company (002105757)