Label: TUSSIN COUGH DM ADULT SUGAR FREE- dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin liquid
- NDC Code(s): 41268-578-26
- Packager: Hannaford Brothers Company
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated August 18, 2009
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each 5 mL tsp)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mgClose
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if
cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
adults and children12 years and over
2 teaspoonsevery 4 hours
children under 12 years do not use
- Other information
- Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 15 mg per teaspoon
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- Inactive ingredients
aspartame, benzoic acid, flavors, glycerin, hydroxyethyl cellulose, polyethylene glycol, purified waterClose
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
Compare to Robitussin® Cough & Chest Congestion DM active ingredients
Cough Suppressant (Dextromethorphan HBr)
See New Dosing Directions
Specially Formulated for Diabetics
For Ages 12 & Over
Alcohol & Sugar Free
Tussin Cough Sugar-Free DM Carton
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
TUSSIN COUGH DM ADULT SUGAR FREE
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:41268-578 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 mg in 5 mL GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (GUAIFENESIN - UNII:495W7451VQ) GUAIFENESIN 100 mg in 5 mL Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor CHERRY Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:41268-578-26 1 in 1 CARTON 1 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 12/07/1995 Labeler - Hannaford Brothers Company (006949556)