Label: LICE-NIL LICE AND EGGS ELIMINATOR- neem oil, tea tree oil oil
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
DISCLAIMER: This homeopathic product has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration for safety or efficacy. FDA is not aware of scientific evidence to support homeopathy as effective.
Updated August 1, 2015
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- Active ingredients
- Do not use
- Ask a doctor before use if you are:
- When using this product
- Stop use and ask a doctor if
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Important: Read warnings before use
- for adults and children 2 years and older:
- check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
- look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
- examine small sections of hair at a time
- unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
- if either lice or nits are found, treat with this product
- apply thoroughly to dry hair or other affected area. For head lice, first apply on hair behind ears and back of neck, then continue to apply to the remainder of hair.
- leave product on hair for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- wash area thoroughly with warm water and shampoo or soap.
- for head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tangles.
Remove lice and their eggs (nits)
- using a fine-tooth comb or special lice/nit comb, remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw-away glove).
- for head lice, part hair into sections and inspect one section at a time, starting at the top of head. Longer hair may take 1-2 hours.
- lift a 1- to 2- inch wide strand of hair. Place comb with a firm, even motion away from scalp.
- pin back each strand of hair after combing.
- clean comb often. Wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag and discard to prevent lice from coming back.
- after combing, thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing if necessary.
- check daily for any lice/nits that may have been missed.
- we recommend a second treatment after 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched lice.
- if infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatments.
- children under 2 years: consult with a doctor or physician
- Other Information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
'Lice-Nil' Lice & Eggs Eliminator Oil will kill lice completely without leaving a chemical residue. The amount of lice treatment oil needed will vary depending on hair length.
See below for guidelines:
Usage Guidelines Hair Length Approximate Amount for 1 Adult/Child:
Short (ear length or shorter)
First Application : 1 oz - 2 oz
Second Application : 1 oz - 2 oz
Total : 2 oz - 4 oz
Medium (shoulder length)
First Application : 2 oz - 3 oz
Second Application : 2 oz - 3 oz
Total : 4 oz - 6 oz
Long (past shoulder length)
First Application : 3 oz - 4 oz
Second Application : 3 oz - 4 oz
Total : 6 oz - 8 oz
The 'Licel-Nil' comb is proven 100% effective as demonstrated in laboratory studies performed by trained testers, individual results may vary.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
Lice-Nil 1-2-3 LICE ELIMINATION SYSTEM
Step 1 Head Lice
- Head lice lay small white eggs (nits) on hair shaft close to the scalp
- Nits are most easily found on the back of the neck or behind the ears
- Disinfect hats, hair ribbons, clothing, scarves, coats, towels and bed linens by machine washing in hot water (above 54°C (130°F)), then dry using the hottest dryer cycle for at least 20 minutes
- Items that cannot be washed (pillows, stuffed toys, etc.) should be dry-cleaned or sealed in a plastic bag for 4 weeks. After 4 weeks, remove them from the plastic bag outdoors and shake rigorously before using again
- Items that cannot be washed, dry-cleaned, or stored may be sprayed with a product designed for purpose
- Soak all combs and brushes in hot water (above 54°C (130°F)) for at least 10 minutes
- Vacuum all carpets, mattresses, upholstered furniture, and car seats that may have been used by affected people.
Step 2 Pubic (Crab) Lice
- Pubic Lice may be transmitted by sexual contact.
- Sexual partners should be treated simultaneously to avoid reinfestation.
- Pubic Lice usually cause intense itching and lay small white eggs (nits) on the hair shaft near the skin surface.
- Pubic Lice may be present on the groin, thighs, trunk, underarms and occasionally on the beard and mustache.
- Disinfect underwear by machine washing in hot water (above 54°C (130°F)), then use hottest dryer cycle for at least 20 minutes.
Step 3 Body Lice
- Body Lice and their eggs (nits) are generally found in the seams of clothing particularly in the waistline and armpit area.
- Body Lice feed on skin then return to clothing to lay their eggs.
- Disinfect clothing by machine washing in hot water (above 54°C (130°F)), then use hottest dryer cycle for at least 20 minutes.
- Do not seal clothing in plastic bag because nits can remain dormant for up to 30 days.
- Principal Display Panel
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
LICE-NIL LICE AND EGGS ELIMINATOR
neem oil, tea tree oil oil
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:76441-904 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength AZADIRACHTA INDICA SEED OIL (UNII: 4DKJ9B3K2T) (AZADIRACHTA INDICA SEED OIL - UNII:4DKJ9B3K2T) AZADIRACHTA INDICA SEED OIL 5 [hp_X] in 100 mL TEA TREE OIL (UNII: VIF565UC2G) (TEA TREE OIL - UNII:VIF565UC2G) TEA TREE OIL 3 [hp_X] in 100 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength SESAME OIL (UNII: QX10HYY4QV) COCONUT OIL (UNII: Q9L0O73W7L) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:76441-904-97 1 in 1 BOX 1 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date unapproved homeopathic 07/31/2015 Labeler - Sujanil Chemo Industries (650280816) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Sujanil Chemo Industries 915896189 manufacture(76441-904)