[Silarx Pharmaceuticals, Inc]
|Category||DEA Schedule||Marketing Status|
|HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||OTC monograph not final|
- for gentle, reliable relief from occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Do not use laxative products for longer than 1 week unless told to do so by a doctor
- if you are presently taking mineral oil unless told to do by a doctor
Ask doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that last over two weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take as indicated by doctor
- this product must be given in a 6 to 8 oz. glass of milk or fruit juice or infant's formula to prevent throat irritation. Dose may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
- dosage should be adjusted to individual response
- higher doses are recommended for initial therapy
- the effect on stools is usually apparent 1 to 3 days after the first dose
|Adults and children over 12 years||50 to 200 mg (1 to 4 teaspoonful)
|Children 6 to under 12 years||50 to 100 mg (1 to 2 teaspoonful)
|Children 3 to under 6 years||25 to 50 mg(1/2 to 1 teaspoonful)
|Children under 3 years of age||Ask a doctor|
- store at room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- protect from freezing and excessive heat
- do not use if tamperevident safety seal around cap is broken or missing
- dispense in tight, light-resistant container with a child-resistant closure
citric acid, D&C red no. 33, flavor, methylparaben, Poloxamer, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate.
This product is not manufactured or distributed by Purdue Products LP, distributor of Colace® Liquid.
Silarx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
1033 Stoneleigh Ave
Carmel, NY 10512
docusate sodium liquid
|Labeler - Silarx Pharmaceuticals, Inc (161630033)|