ORIGINAL TEXTURE ORANGE FLAVOR
powder, for suspension
|Category||DEA Schedule||Marketing Status|
|HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||OTC monograph not final|
Allergy alert: May cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to ingested or inhaled psyllium
Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking any other drug. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
When using this product
- do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dosage in a 24-hour period
- you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating as your body adjusts to increased fiber intake
- take at the first sign of irregularity up to 3 times a day
- put one dose into an empty glass
- fill glass with 8oz of water or favorite beverage
- stir briskly and drink promptly
- if mixture thickens add more water and stir
- take this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning.
- if you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine.
|adults and children 12 years and over||1 rounded tablespoon
|6 to under 12 years||1/2 tablespoon
|under 6 years||ask a doctor
- each tablespoon contains: potassium 30 mg and sodium 5 mg
- store at (20o-25oC) 68o-77oF
citric acid, FD and C yellow 6, natural and artificial flavor, silicon dioxide, sucrose
DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SEAL UNDER CAP IS MISSING OR BROKEN
Fiber Supplement information
Uses Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium seed husk, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels. One ADULT serving provides 2.4 grams of soluble fiber. Consult a doctor if you are considering use of the products as part of a cholesterol-lowering program.
Warnings Read entire label, including warnings in Drug Facts
Directions Adults 12 years and older: 1 rounded TABLESPOON (tbsp) in 8 oz of liquid 3 times daily.
Children under 12 years: Consult a doctor.
NOTICE: Mix this product with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of liquid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not take if you havbe difficulty swallowing. See choking warning.
compare to the active ingredient in Metamucil®
fiber Original Texture
Dietary fiber supplement
100% Natural Psyllium Seed Husk Fiber
Naturally and Artificially Flavored
48 Tablespoon doses
Net wt 19 oz (1.1 LBS 3 OZ) (538 g)
Fill controlled by weight, not volume
|ORIGINAL TEXTURE ORANGE FLAVOR
psyllium husk powder, for suspension
|Labeler - Sunmark (177667227)|