BETADINE- povidone-iodine solution
Purdue Products LP
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Povidone-iodine, 10% (1% available iodine)
- for preparation of the skin prior to surgery
- helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection
For external use only
Do not use
- in the eyes
- if you are allergic to povidone-iodine or any other ingredients in this preparation
When using this product
- prolonged exposure to wet solution may cause irritation or, rarely, severe skin reactions
- in pre-operative prepping, avoid “pooling” beneath the patient
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs and lasts for 72 hours. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- clean the operative site prior to surgery
- apply product and allow to dry
- may be covered with a bandage
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- store in original container
purified water, sodium hydroxide
©2008, Purdue Products L.P.
Dist. by: Purdue Products L.P. Stamford, CT 06901-3431