Label: SULFUR COLLOID - gelatin injection, powder, lyophilized, for solution
- NDC Code(s): 51808-220-01
- Packager: AnazaoHealth Corporation
- Category: HUMAN PRESCRIPTION DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: unapproved drug other
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
Dear Medical Professional,
AnazaoHealth Sulfur Colloid Kit consists of three separate nonradioactive components:
- A 10 milliliter reaction vial containing: Sodium Thiosulfate, 4.8 mg, Gelatin (Porcine), 3.6 mg and Sodium Edetate, 2.3 mg. The contents of the vial are lyophilized and are under vacuum
- Vial A, a 5 ml. vial containing:0.25 N. Hydrochloric Acid. The total volume in this vial is 1.2 mL.
- Vial B, a 5 ml. vial containing:Sodium Hydroxide, 12 mg, Sodium Phosphate dibasic,15.7 mg, Sodium Phosphate, monobasic, 48.4 mg, Sterile Water for Injection. The total volume in this vial is 1.2 mL
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
Tc99m Sulfur Colloid is used in lymphoscintigraphy studies in breast cancer patients, for liver, spleen and bone marrow imaging and gastric transit studies and gastroesophageal reflux.Close
Preparation of Technetium Tc 99m-Sulfur Colloid:
- Collect components: 10 ml. Reaction Vial, Solution A, Solution B, Lead Pig, Boiling Water Bath.
- Draw up 1 ml. Solution A. (HCl solution) in syringe.
- Draw up 2.5 ml. Tc-99m Pertechnetate containing desired activity, dilute with sterile normal saline if necessary.
- Add the 2.5 ml Tc-99m Pertechnetate to the shielded reaction vial.
- Immediately add the 1 ml. Solution A.
- Vent vial to release excess vacuum. Remove vent before boiling.
- Shake gently to mix.
- Place shielded vial in boiling water bath for 5 minutes for liver imaging and 3 minutes for lymphoscintigraphy imaging use.
- Remove from boiling water and let cool for a few minutes.
- Draw up 1 ml. Solution B. (Phosphate Buffer) while reaction vial is cooling
- After cooling Reaction vial, add the 1 ml Solution B and shake gently to mix. Caution: be sure vial is cool to avoid excess pressure
- Quality control: ITLC-SG in normal saline. Greater than 95% should stay at the origin
- Tc 99m Sulfur Colloid expires 6 hours after mixing
- PACKAGE LABEL.PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
sulfur colloid injection, powder, lyophilized, for solution
Product Information Product Type HUMAN PRESCRIPTION DRUG LABEL Item Code (Source) NDC:51808-220 Route of Administration INTRAVENOUS DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength GELATIN (GELATIN) GELATIN 4.5 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength SODIUM THIOSULFATE 6 mg EDETATE DISODIUM 2.3 mg Product Characteristics Color Score score with uneven pieces Shape Size Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:51808-220-01 1 in 1 KIT Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date Unapproved drug other 07/01/2012 Labeler - AnazaoHealth Corporation (011038762) Registrant - AnazaoHealth Corporation (011038762) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations AnazaoHealth Corporation 011038762 MANUFACTURE(51808-220)