MINERAL OIL LUBRICANT LAXATIVE
|Category||DEA Schedule||Marketing Status|
|HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||OTC monograph not final|
For rectal use only
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- notice a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
- you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative because this may indicate a serious condition
- you need to use a laxative for more than one week
Single daily dose
adults & children
12 years and over
|1 bottle once daily|
children 2 to under
|1/2 bottle once daily|
|do not use|
How to use this enema:
REMOVE GREEN PROTECTIVE SHIELD BEFORE INSERTING; HOLD BOTTLE UPRIGHT, GRASPING BOTTLE CAP WITH FINGERS. GRASP PROTECTIVE SHIELD WITH OTHER HAND AND PULL GENTLY TO REMOVE.
Left-side position: Lie on left side with knee bent and arms at rest.
Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface. Position arms comfortably.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel. Insertion may be easier if person receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement. This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove enema tip from rectum.
- Retain enema in accordance with doctor's instructions.
- store at room temperature 20-25 deg C (68-77 deg F)
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 2-15 minutes
- Sodium free lubricant laxative for relief of occasional constipation
- Comfortable, lubricated tip
- Works in minutes
- LATEX FREE
4.5 FL OZ (133 ml)
|MINERAL OIL LUBRICANT LAXATIVE
mineral oil enema
|Labeler - McKesson (177667227)|