|Active ingredient (in each tablet)||Purpose
|Bisacodyl USP 5 mg .................................................................................||Stimulant laxative
- for temporary relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
Do not use if you cannot swallow without chewing
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
When using this product
- do not chew or crush tablet(s)
- it may cause stomach discomfort, faintness and cramps
- do not use within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Directions take with a glass of water
|adults and children 12 years and over||1 to 3 tablets in a single daily dose
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||1 tablet in a single daily dose
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor
- store at controlled room temperature 15°-30°C (59°- 86°F)
- avoid excessive humidity
acacia, ammonium hydroxide, calcium carbonate, carnauba wax, corn starch, D&C Red # 27 aluminum lake, FD&C Blue # 2 aluminum lake, FD&C Yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, iron oxide black, lactose, magnesium stearate, methylparaben, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, povidone, propylene glycol, propylparaben, shellac, silica, simethicone, sodium alginate, sodium benzoate, sodium bicarbonate, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate
Call toll-free 1-888-285-9159 (English/Spanish) Or visit www.DULCOLAX.com
Dulcolax For Women
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc.