Label: HURRICAINE TOPICAL ANESTHETIC SPRAY- benzocaine spray
- NDC Code(s): 0283-0679-02
- Packager: Beutlich LP, Pharmaceuticals
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient
for the temporary relief of occasional minor irritation and pain associated with:
- canker sores
- sore mouth and throat
- minor dental procedures
- minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances
- minor injury of the mouth and gums
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics.
Flammable. Do not use near fire or flame. Avoid smoking during use.Close
- Stop use and ask a doctor
- if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, swelling, nausea or vomiting
- if sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days, or if irritation, pain, or redness persists or worsens
- When using this product
- avoid contact with eyes
- do not store at temperature above 49°C (120°F)
- do not puncture or incinerate. Contents under pressure.
- use only as directed. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
- Keep out of reach of children
If more than used for pain is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.Close
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- firmly insert the extension tube into spray can valve and ensure it fits securely into the actuator opening
- position the extension tube 1-2 inches from affected area
- spray 1/2 second (press and immediately release actuator)
- repeat once if necessary
- anesthesia is accomplished in approximately 20 seconds
children under 12 years of age: should be supervised in the use of the product
children under 2 years of age: consult a dentist or doctor Close
- Inactive ingredients
flavor, hydrocarbon propellant (isobutane and propane), polyethylene glycol, sodium saccharinClose
- Questions or comments?
1-800-238-8542 or 1-847-473-1100
M-F: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. CTClose
- Principal Display Panel
Topical Anesthetic Spray
20% Benzocaine Oral Anesthetic
ORIGINAL Wild Cherry
Waukegan, IL 60085
1/2 SECOND SPRAY is all you need!
2 oz. (59.7 g.)
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
HURRICAINE TOPICAL ANESTHETIC SPRAY
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL Item Code (Source) NDC:0283-0679 Route of Administration ORAL, DENTAL, PERIODONTAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength Benzocaine (Aminobenzoic Acid) Benzocaine 200 mg in 1 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength Polyethylene Glycol 400 Saccharin Sodium Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor CHERRY Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0283-0679-02 59.7 g in 1 CAN Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part356 06/15/1979 Labeler - Beutlich LP, Pharmaceuticals (005209325)