(hydroxyquinoline sulfate sodium lauryl sulfate)
|Category||DEA Schedule||Marketing Status|
|HUMAN PRESCRIPTION DRUG LABEL||unapproved drug other|
For long-term pessary users, it is important to maintain the normal acidic pH of the vagina. Bacteria are known to flourish and cause odor in abnormal vaginal pH.
The pH of TRIMO-SAN is 4.0 – the normal pH of the vagina.
Hydroxyquinoline Sulfate 0.025%; Sodium Lauryl Sulfate N.F. 0.01%. Adjusted with Triethanolamine to pH 4. In a water dispersible base composed of Glycerine, Carbomer N.F., Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate U.S.P., Methylparaben N.F., Perfume and Antifoam Emulsion N.F.
AFTER EACH USE Wipe threads of tube and the inside of the cap. RE-CAP TIGHTLY. Store at room temperature.
PURPOSE OF TRIMO-SAN
- To help restore and maintain normal vaginal acidity.
- To coat walls of vagina with a lubricating film that helps reduce odor-causing bacteria.
ADVANTAGES OF TRIMO-SAN
TRIMO-SAN Gel will not stain skin or natural fabrics.
TRIMO-SAN Gel helps eliminate odors, which may be associated with wearing a pessary.
- Dosage of TRIMO-SAN Gel may be adjusted from one-half an applicator to a full applicator to obtain the desired results without messy leakage.
- Adjustable dose saves money – use only what is needed.
- The Milex Jel-Jector (a unique bulb dispersion applicator) makes use of TRIMO-SAN even during menstruation, aesthetically acceptable.
Chemicals in various preparations can interact with the pessary material resulting in discoloration or deterioration of the pessary.
TRIMO-SAN does not have a deleterious effect on any Milex pessary. Testing should be performed before using any other vaginal preparation with a pessary unless specifically prescribed by your healthcare professional.
TRIMO-SAN AND PREGNANCY
TRIMO-SAN has NOT been tested for use during pregnancy.
- CooperSurgical does not recommend the use of TRIMO-SAN during pregnancy.
- If you wish to become pregnant, do not use TRIMO-SAN or any other personal hygiene product vaginally (douches, vaginal sprays, jellies or suppositories), for 6 hours prior to or following intercourse. Any product used within this time period could interfere with conception.
- New pessary wearers should use a ½ applicator of TRIMO-SAN 3 times the first week after original insertion of pessary.
TRIMO-SAN ½ applicator twice a week thereafter unless otherwise directed by your healthcare professional.
- Reaction or irritation caused by TRIMO-SAN is very rare, but should it occur, discontinue use.
- If symptoms persist or worsen, contact your healthcare professional
THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR MULTIPLE USE BY ONE PATIENT ONLY.
|SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PESSARY WEARERS|
|PROPER USE OF MILEX JEL-JECTOR
(A unique bulb dispersion applicator)*
1. Unscrew cap from tube.
2. Pierce end of tube with top of cap (a small amount of TRIMO-SAN may escape when top of tube is pierced).
3. Attach threaded end of Milex Jel-Jector to TRIMO-SAN tube.
4. While holding tube with attached Milex Jel-Jector, squeeze tube from bottom until TRIMO-SAN reaches specified dosage level.
5. Detach Milex Jel-Jector from tube. Gently insert Jel-Jector approximately ½ inch into the vagina. Squeeze bulb vigorously once to dispense gel. Keep bulb compressed until the Milex Jel-Jector is removed from the vagina.
*Milex Jel-Jector has been in use for more than 40 years in the U.S.A. and Canada
NOTE: For those wearing an Inflat-o-ball or Cube Pessary, remove pessary per physician’s instruction before application of TRIMO-SAN.
6. Clean Milex Jel-Jector immediately after use by flushing Jector (compressing bulb) several times, holding Jel-Jector under water.
NOTE: The “pin” hole at the top of the bulb is an air release hole. Do NOT tape over this hole or otherwise block this hole. This “pin” hole is not a defect in the bulb.
7. After each use, wipe threads of tube and inside of cap. Recap tightly.
A pessary is considered a foreign body in the vagina. TRIMO-SAN, a deodorant vaginal gel can help pessary wearers restore and maintain a normal acidic pH of the vagina. Odor causing bacteria are known to flourish in an abnormal vaginal pH.
|IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SIGNS OR SYMPTOMS, CONSULT A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL
If this product is being used with a pessary, follow your healthcare professional’s instructions explicitly.
hydroxyquinoline sulfate sodium lauryl sulfate jelly
|Labeler - CooperSurgical, Inc. (801895244)|