Label: E-VAC PLUS- docusate sodium and benzocaine enema
- NDC Code(s): 61357-179-01
- Packager: ZURICH MEDICAL LABS, LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Export only
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Active ingredient (in each 5cc disposable tube) Purpose Docusate Sodium 283mg Stool Softener Enema Benzocaine 20mg Topical Analgesic
- For the relief of occasional constipation and/or aid in preventing constipation
- Helps to reduce pain or rectal damage caused by hard stools or by straining during bowel movements
- usually produces bowel movement in 2 to 15 minutes
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- symptoms of appendicitis (e.g., nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain)
- bleeding from the rectum
- undiagnosed bleeding
- congestive heart failure
- high blood pressure
- fecal impaction
- intestinal obstruction
- been taking other prescriptions
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- bleeding from the rectum
- you fail to have a bowel movement after using this product.
These may indicate a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion or overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
E-VAC™ MINI-ENEMA & E-VAC™ PLUS MINI-ENEMA is to be used as an enema. This is not a suppository. Do not take orally.
Administering the mini enema
Twist off and remove tip. Place water or a few drops of the product on the shaft of the tube to lubricate prior to insertion. It is also recommended that one of these lubricants be applied to the anus before inserting the enema. With steady pressure, gently insert the enema into the rectum with care to prevent damage to the rectal wall. Squeeze to empty the contents. Keep the tube squeezed until it is removed from the rectum. After the contents have been emptied, remove the disposable tube and discard. A small amount of liquid may remain in the unit after use.
- For best results, lay on left side with knees bent.
- Second position: Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until side of face resting on surface.
- Other Information
- each mini-enema contains: 283mg sodium docusate
- Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted to 15°C - 30°C (59° - 86°F).
- Protect from Freezing. [See USP Controlled Room Temperature.]
- Below 50% relative humidity is optimal.
- See box and tube crimp for Lot Number and Expiration Date.
- Inactive ingredients
a medicinal soft soap base of Polyethylene Glycol and Glycerin.Close
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 30 Tube Box
Suavizante de Heces / Evacuante
30 x 5cc TUBOS DESECHABLES
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
docusate sodium and benzocaine enema
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:61357-179 Route of Administration RECTAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength DOCUSATE SODIUM (UNII: F05Q2T2JA0) (DOCUSATE - UNII:M7P27195AG) DOCUSATE SODIUM 283 mg in 5 mL BENZOCAINE (UNII: U3RSY48JW5) (BENZOCAINE - UNII:U3RSY48JW5) BENZOCAINE 20 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:61357-179-01 30 in 1 BOX 1 5 mL in 1 TUBE, WITH APPLICATOR Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date EXPORT ONLY 01/01/2010 Labeler - ZURICH MEDICAL LABS, LLC (071904097) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations ZURICH MEDICAL LABS, LLC 071904097 MANUFACTURE(61357-179)