NORCO® (nor koe’)
Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, USP, CII
- A strong prescription pain medicine that contains an opioid (narcotic) that is used to manage pain severe enough to require an opioid pain medicine, when other pain treatments such as non-opioid pain medicines do not treat your pain well enough or you cannot tolerate them.
- An opioid pain medicine that can put you at risk for overdose and death. Even if you take your dose correctly as prescribed you are at risk for opioid addiction, abuse, and misuse that can lead to death.
|Important information about NORCO®:
- Get emergency help right away if you take too much NORCO® (overdose). When you first start taking NORCO® when your dose is changed, or if you take too much (overdose), serious or life-threatening breathing problems that can lead to death may occur.
- Taking NORCO® with other opioid medicines, benzodiazepines, alcohol, or other central nervous system depressants (including street drugs) can cause severe drowsiness, decreased awareness, breathing problems, coma, and death.
- Never give anyone else your NORCO® tablets. They could die from taking it. Store NORCO® away from children and in a safe place to prevent stealing or abuse. Selling or giving away NORCO® tablets is against the law.
|Do not take NORCO® if you have:
- severe asthma, trouble breathing, or other lung problems.
- a bowel blockage or have narrowing of the stomach or intestines.
- known hypersensitivity to hydrocodone or acetaminophen, or any ingredient in hydrocodone and acetaminophen tablets.
|Before taking NORCO®, tell your healthcare provider if you have a history of:
|● head injury, seizures
||● liver, kidney, thyroid problems
|● problems urinating
||● pancreas or gallbladder problems
|● abuse of street or prescription drugs, alcohol addiction, or mental health problems.
|Tell your healthcare provider if you are:
- pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Prolonged use of NORCO® during pregnancy can cause withdrawal symptoms in your newborn baby that could be life-threatening if not recognized and treated.
- breast feeding. NORCO® passes into breast milk and may harm your baby.
- taking prescription or over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements. Taking NORCO® with certain other medicines can cause serious side effects that could lead to death.
|When taking NORCO®:
- Do not change your dose. Take NORCO® exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider. Use the lowest dose possible for the shortest time needed.
- Take your prescribed dose every four to six hours as needed for pain.
- Do not take more than your prescribed dose. If you miss a dose, take your next dose at your usual time.
- Call your healthcare provider if the dose you are taking does not control your pain.
- If you have been taking NORCO® regularly, do not stop taking NORCO® without talking to your healthcare provider.
- After you stop taking NORCO® tablets, the unused tablets should be disposed of by flushing down the toilet.
|While taking NORCO® DO NOT:
- Drive or operate heavy machinery, until you know how NORCO® affects you. NORCO® can make you sleepy, dizzy, or lightheaded.
- Drink alcohol or use prescription or over-the-counter medicines that contain alcohol. Using products containing alcohol during treatment with NORCO® may cause you to overdose and die.
|The possible side effects of NORCO®:
Get emergency medical help if you have:
- constipation, nausea, sleepiness, vomiting, tiredness, headache, dizziness, abdominal pain. Call your healthcare provider if you have any of these symptoms and they are severe.
These are not all the possible side effects of NORCO®. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. For more information go to dailymed.nlm.nih.gov
- trouble breathing, shortness of breath, fast heartbeat, chest pain, swelling of your face, tongue, or throat, extreme drowsiness, light-headedness when changing positions, feeling faint, agitation, high body temperature, trouble walking, stiff muscles, or mental changes such as confusion.
|For more information call Allergan at 1-800-678-1605
Allergan USA, Inc.
Madison, NJ 07940
©2018 Allergan. All rights reserved.
NORCO® is a registered trademark of Allergan Sales, LLC