LACOSAMIDE - lacosamide tablet, film coated
Aurobindo Pharma Limited
Lacosamide Tablets USP CV
|Read this Medication Guide before you start taking lacosamide tablets and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. This Medication Guide describes important safety information about lacosamide tablets. This information does not take the place of talking to your healthcare provider about your medical condition or treatment.
|What is the most important information I should know about lacosamide tablets?
Do not stop taking lacosamide tablets without first talking to your healthcare provider. Stopping lacosamide tablets suddenly can cause serious problems. Stopping seizure medicine suddenly in a patient who has epilepsy can cause seizures that will not stop (status epilepticus).
Lacosamide tablets can cause serious side effects, including:
1. Like other antiepileptic drugs, lacosamide tablets may cause suicidal thoughts or actions in a very small number of people, about 1 in 500.
Call a healthcare provider right away if you have any of these symptoms, especially if they are new, worse, or worry you:
How can I watch for early symptoms of suicidal thoughts and actions?
2. Lacosamide tablets may cause you to feel dizzy, have double vision, feel sleepy, or have problems with coordination and walking. Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or do other dangerous activities until you know how lacosamide tablets affects you.
3. Lacosamide tablets may cause you to have an irregular heartbeat or may cause you to faint. In rare cases, cardiac arrest has been reported. Call your healthcare provider right away if you:
4. Lacosamide tablets are a federally controlled substance (CV) because it can be abused or lead to drug dependence. Keep your lacosamide tablets in a safe place, to protect it from theft. Never give your lacosamide tablets to anyone else, because it may harm them. Selling or giving away this medicine is against the law.
What are lacosamide tablets?
Lacosamide tablets are a prescription medicine used:
It is not known if lacosamide tablets are safe and effective for partial-onset seizures in children under 1 month of age.
|What should I tell my healthcare provider before taking lacosamide tablets?
Before you take lacosamide tablets, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
Taking lacosamide tablets with certain other medicines may cause side effects or affect how well they work. Do not start or stop other medicines without talking to your healthcare provider. Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them and show it to your healthcare provider and pharmacist each time you get a new medicine.
|How should I take lacosamide tablets?
|What should I avoid while taking lacosamide tablets?
Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or do other dangerous activities until you know how lacosamide tablets affect you. Lacosamide tablets may cause you to feel dizzy, have double vision, feel sleepy, or have problems with coordination and walking.
|What are the possible side effects of lacosamide tablets?
• See “What is the most important information I should know about lacosamide tablets?”
Lacosamide tablets may cause other serious side effects including:
The most common side effects of lacosamide tablets include:
|How should I store lacosamide tablets?
|General Information about the safe and effective use of lacosamide tablets.
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Medication Guide. Do not use lacosamide tablets for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give lacosamide tablets to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them.
This Medication Guide summarizes the most important information about lacosamide tablets. If you would like more information, talk with your healthcare provider. You can ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for information about lacosamide tablets that is written for health professionals.
|What are the ingredients in lacosamide tablets?
Active ingredient: lacosamide
Inactive ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, lecithin, low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, talc, titanium dioxide and additional ingredients listed below:
For more information, call Aurobindo Pharma USA, Inc. at 1-866-850-2876.
Aurobindo Pharma USA, Inc.
279 Princeton-Hightstown Road
East Windsor, NJ 08520
Aurobindo Pharma Limited
Hyderabad-500 032, India
This Medication Guide has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.