CELECOXIB 200 MG- celecoxib capsule
SYDON LABS LLC
Medication Guide for Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
(See the end of this Medication Guide for a list of prescription NSAID medicines.)
|What is the most important information I should know about medicines called Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)?
|NSAID medicines may increase the chance of a heart attack or stroke that can lead to death
This chance increases:
• with longer use of NSAID medicines
• in people who have heart disease
|NSAID medicines should never be used right before or after a heart surgery called a "coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)."
NSAID medicines can cause ulcers and bleeding in the stomach and intestines at any time during treatment. Ulcers and bleeding:
• can happen without warning symptoms
• may cause death
The chance of a person getting an ulcer or bleeding increases with:
• longer use
|NSAID medicines should only be used:
• exactly as prescribed
• at the lowest dose possible for your treatment
• for the shortest time needed
What are Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)?
NSAID medicines are used to treat pain and redness, swelling, and heat (inflammation) from medical conditions such as:
• different types of arthritis
• menstrual cramps and other types of short-term pain
Who should not take a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID)?
Do not take an NSAID medicine:
• if you had an asthma attack, hives, or other allergic reaction with aspirin or any other NSAID medicine
• for pain right before or after heart bypass surgery
Tell your healthcare provider:
• about all of your medical conditions.
• about all of the medicines you take. NSAIDs and some other medicines can interact with each other and cause serious side effects. Keep a list of your medicines to show to your healthcare provider and pharmacist.
• if you are pregnant. NSAID medicines should not be used by pregnant women late in their pregnancy.
• if you are breastfeeding. Talk to your doctor.
What are the possible side effects of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)?
Serious side effects include:
Other side effects include:
• heart attack
• heart failure from body swelling (fluid retention)
|• stomach pain
Get emergency help right away if you have any of the following symptoms:
• shortness of breath or trouble breathing
• chest pain
• weakness in one part or side of your body
• slurred speech
• swelling of the face or throat
Stop your NSAID medicine and call your healthcare provider right away if you have any of the following symptoms:
• vomit blood
• more tired or weaker than usual
• there is blood in your bowel movement or it is black and sticky like tar
• your skin or eyes look yellow
• skin rash or blisters with fever
• stomach pain
• flu-like symptoms
• unusual weight gain
• swelling of the arms and legs, hands and feet
These are not all the side effects with NSAID medicines. Talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist for more information about NSAID medicines.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Other information about Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
• Aspirin is an NSAID medicine but it does not increase the chance of a heart attack. Aspirin can cause bleeding in the brain, stomach, and intestines. Aspirin can also cause ulcers in the stomach and intestines.
• Some of these NSAID medicines are sold in lower doses without a prescription (overthecounter). Talk to your healthcare provider before using overthecounter NSAIDs for more than 10 days.
NSAID medicines that need a prescription
Arthrotec (combined with misoprostol)
|Lodine, Lodine XL
|Nalfon, Nalfon 200
Motrin, Tab-Profen, Vicoprofen*
(combined with hydrocodone),
Combunox (combined with oxycodone)
Indocin, Indocin SR, Indo-Lemmon,
Naprosyn, Anaprox, Anaprox DS, EC-Naproxyn,
Naprapac (copackaged with lansoprazole)
|Tolectin,TolectinDS, Tolectin 600
* Vicoprofen contains the same dose of ibuprofen as over-the-counter (OTC) NSAIDs, and is usually used for less than 10 days to treat pain. The OTC NSAID label warns that long term continuous use may increase the risk of heart attack or stroke.
This Medication Guide has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Made in India
Sydon Labs, LLC
Los Angeles, CA 90034