(morphine sulfate extended-release) Capsules, CII
Do not take KADIAN® if you have:
- severe asthma, trouble breathing, or other lung problems.
- a bowel blockage or have narrowing of the stomach or intestines.
Before taking KADIAN®, tell your healthcare provider if you have a history of:
● head injury, seizures ● liver, kidney, thyroid problems
● problems urinating ● pancreas or gallbladder problems
When taking KADIAN®:
- Do not change your dose. Take KADIAN® exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Take your prescribed dose at the same time every day. Do not take more than your prescribed dose in 24 hours. If you miss a dose, take KADIAN® as soon as possible and then take your next dose 12 or 24 hours later as directed by your healthcare provider. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
- Swallow KADIAN® whole. Do not cut, break, chew, crush, dissolve, or inject KADIAN®.
- If you cannot swallow KADIAN® capsules, see the detailed Instructions for Use.
- Call your healthcare provider if the dose you are taking does not control your pain.
- Do not stop taking KADIAN® without talking to your healthcare provider.
- After you stop taking KADIAN®, flush any unused capsules down the toilet.
While taking KADIAN® Do Not:
- Drive or operate heavy machinery, until you know how KADIAN® affects you. KADIAN® can make you sleepy, dizzy, or lightheaded.
- Drink alcohol or use prescription or over-the-counter medicines that contain alcohol.
The possible side effects of KADIAN® are:
- constipation, nausea, sleepiness, vomiting, tiredness, headache, dizziness, abdominal pain. Call your healthcare provider if you have any of these symptoms and they are severe.
Get emergency medical help if you have:
- trouble breathing, shortness of breath, fast heartbeat, chest pain, swelling of your face, tongue or throat, extreme drowsiness, or you are feeling faint.
These are not all the possible side effects of KADIAN®. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. For more information go to dailymed.nlm.nih.gov
KADIAN® is a registered trademark of Actavis Elizabeth LLC.
Distributed by: Actavis Kadian LLC, 60 Columbia Rd., Bldg. B, Morristown, NJ 07960 USA, www.KADIAN.com or call 1-888-496-3082
This Medication Guide has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Issue: July 2012
Bryant Ranch Prepack