GOOD SENSE NIGHTTIME COUGH- dextromethorphan hydrobromide, doxylamine succinate solution
L. Perrigo Company
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients (in each 30 mL)
Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg
Doxylamine succinate 12.5 mg
temporarily relieves cold symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- runny nose and sneezing
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- may cause marked drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- take only as directed
- only use the dose cup provided
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
adults & children 12 yrs & over
30 mL every 6 hrs
children 4 to under 12 yrs
ask a doctor
children under 4 yrs
do not use
each 30 mL contains: sodium 32 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
alcohol, anhydrous citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium citrate
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
All Night Cough Relief
Cough Suppressant, Antihistamine
Night Time Cough
• Runny Nose
Compare to active ingredients of Vicks® NyQuil® Cough
12 FL OZ (354 mL)
L. Perrigo Company