Active ingredient(s) in each capsule
*Esomeprazole 20 mg
(Each delayed-release capsule corresponds to 20.7 mg esomeprazole magnesium, USP)
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to esomeprazole
Do not use if you have:
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadness
- frequent chest pain.
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking
- warfarin, clopidogrel or cilostazol (blood-thinning medicines)
- prescription ant fungal or anti-yeast medicines
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- diazepam (anxiety medicine)
- tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicine)
- prescription antiretrovirals (medicines for HIV infection)
- methotrexate (arthritis medicine)
Stop use and ask doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- each capsule contains: magnesium, 15 mg
- read directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information
- store at 20 to 25°C (68 to 77°F)
acetyl tributyl citrate, dibutyl sebacate, FD&C Blue #1, ferroso ferric oxide, gelatin, glyceryl monostearate, hypromellose, magnesium oxide, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, poloxamer, polysorbate 80, povidone, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, shellac, sugar, talc, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments
call toll-free weekdays 8 AM to 10 PM EST at 1-888-375-3784
Tips for Managing Heartburn
- Avoid foods or drinks that are more likely to cause heartburn, such as rich, spicy, fatty and fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and even some acidic fruits and vegetables.
- Eat slowly and do not eat big meals.
- Do not eat late at night or just before bedtime.
- Do not lie flat or bend over soon after eating.
- Raise the head of your bed.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing around your stomach.
- If you are overweight, lose weight.
- If you smoke, quit smoking.