NYQUIL SEVERE PLUS VAPOCOOL COLD AND FLU- acetaminophen, phenylephrine hydrochloride, doxylamine succinate, and dextromethorphan hydrobromide tablet, coated
Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each caplet)||Purpose
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer
|Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg||Cough suppressant
|Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg||Antihistamine
|Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg||Nasal decongestant
temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion & pressure
- cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritation
- cough to help you sleep
- minor aches & pains
- sore throat
- runny nose & sneezing
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- take only as directed
- do not exceed 8 caplets per 24 hrs
|adults & children 12 yrs & over||2 caplets with water every 4 hrs
|children 4 to under 12 yrs||ask a doctor
|children under 4 yrs||do not use
crospovidone, D&C Yellow No. 10 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue No. 2 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow No. 6 Aluminum Lake, flavor, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, sucralose, talc, titanium dioxide
Product repackaged and distributed with permission of manufacturer by:
Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc., 9300 Earhart Lane SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 4 Caplet Pouch Carton
COLD & FLU
Acetaminophen, Phenylephrine HCl,
Doxylamine Succinate, Dextromethorphan HBr
- Minor Aches & Pains, Fever
- Nasal Congestion & Sinus Pressure
- Sneezing, Runny Nose
Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc.