- bismuth subsalicylate tablet, chewable
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
(total salicylate 102 mg per tablet)
Upset stomach reliever and anti-diarrheal
- upset stomach associated with these symptoms
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. when using this product , if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have
- bloody or black stools
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
Ask a doctor before use if you have
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning of the blood)
When using this product
a temporary, but harmless darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- chew or dissolve in mouth
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 tablets every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
- do not take more than 8 doses (16 tablets) in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea.
each tablet contains:
- sodium less than 1 mg
- salicylate 102 mg
- very low sodium
- avoid excessive heat (over 104˚F or 40˚C)
TAMPER EVIDENT:Do not use if individual compartments are torn or missing.
calcium carbonate, D&C red 27 aluminum lake, flavor, magnesium stearate, mannitol, pregelatinized starch, saccharin sodium.
Principal Display Panel
Bismatrol Chewable Tablets
Soothing, coating action provides
fast relief for heartburn, indigestion, nausea, upset stomach and diarrhea
COMPARE TO THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN PEPTO-BISMOL®
30 chewable tablets