Chlorhexidine gluconate 3.15% w/v
Isopropyl alcohol 70% v/v
for the preparation of the patient's skin prior to an injection
For external use only
Flammable, keep away from fire or flame
- Do not use with electrocautery procedures
This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:
- wheezing/difficulty breathing
- facial swelling
if an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
Do not use
- on patients allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
- for lumbar puncture or in contact with the meninges
- on open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser
- under occlusive patch
When using this product
keep out of eyes, ears, mouth and mucous membranes. May cause serious or permanent injury if permitted to enter and remain. If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right away and contact a doctor.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- maximum treatment area for one swab is approximately 2.5 by 2.5 inches (6 by 6 cm)
- tear open packet and remove swab. Do not unfold swab.
- prior to injection, apply swab to the procedure site by holding swab between thumb and index finger. Apply swab to skin using repeated back-and-forth strokes for 15 seconds.
- allow the prepped area to air dry for 30 seconds
- do not blot or wipe dry
- discard after a single use
- store between 68-77°F (20-25°C)
- avoid freezing and excessive heat above 104°F (40°C)
- for hospital and professional use only
USP purified water
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Professional Disposables International, Inc.