VICKS DAYQUIL COLD AND FLU MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
|Active ingredients (in each 15 mL tablespoon)||Purpose
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer
|Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg||Cough suppressant
|Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg||Nasal decongestant
temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritation
- sore throat
- minor aches & pains
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if
• adult takes more than 4 doses (30 mL each) in 24 hrs, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
• child takes more than 4 doses (15 mL each) in 24 hrs, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
• taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
• adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, lasts for more than 2 days, occurs with or is followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, see a doctor promptly.
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.
Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product, do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- symptoms get worse or last more than 5 days (children) or 7 days (adults)
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
• take only as directed
• only use the dose cup provided
• do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
|adults & children 12 yrs & over||30 mL every 4 hrs
|children 6 to under 12 yrs||15 mL every 4 hrs
|children 4 to under 6 yrs||ask a doctor
|children under 4 yrs||do not use
• each 15 mL contains: sodium 46 mg
• store at no greater than 25°C and do not refrigerate
citric acid, FD&C Yellow No. 6, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
Dist. by Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati, OH 45202.
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 354 ml Bottle Label
COLD & FLU
Acetaminophen, Phenylephrine, Dextromethorphan
- Headache, Fever, Sore Throat, Minor Aches & Pains
- Nasal Congestion
12 FL OZ (354 ml)