chlorhexidine gluconate 4% solution
surgical hand scrub
healthcare personnel handwash
patient preoperative skin preparation
skin wound and general skin cleansing
- surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- patient preoperative skin preparation: preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery
- skin wound and general skin cleansing
For external use only
Do not use
- if you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients
- in contact with meninges
- in the genital area
- as a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
When using this product
- keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums
- if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water
- wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated
- repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when the underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
Surgical hand scrub:
- wet hands and forearms with water
- scrub for 3 minutes with about 5 ml of product and a wet brush, paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spaces
- a separate nail cleaner may be used
- rinse thoroughly
- wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 ml of product and rinse under running water
- dry thoroughly
Healthcare personnel handwash:
- wet hands with water
- dispense about 5 ml of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds
- rinse and dry thoroughly
Patient preoperative skin preparation:
- apply product liberally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutes
- dry with a sterile towel
- repeat procedure for an additional 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towel
Skin wound and general skin cleansing:
- thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water
- apply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently
- rinse again thoroughly
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- void excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
cocamide DEA, fragrance POFL 147, glucono-delta-lactone, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, PEG-75 lanolin, purified water, tridecyl alcohol.
Questions or comments?
Call 1-800-548-4873 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 473mL Bottle Label
4% Solution Antiseptic
For Hospital and Professional Use Only.
Net Contents: 473mL (16 fl oz) (1 pt)