MUCINEX DM- guaifenesin and dextromethorphan hydrobromide tablet, extended release
Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc.
(in each extended-release bi-layer tablet)
|Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg
|Guaifenesin 600 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do not use
- for children under 12 years of age
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not crush, chew, or break tablet
- take with a full glass of water
- this product can be administered without regard for timing of meals
- adults and children 12 years and older: 1 or 2 tablets every 12 hours; not more than 4 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
carbomer homopolymer type B; D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake; hypromellose, USP; magnesium stearate, NF; microcrystalline cellulose, NF; sodium starch glycolate, NF
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Product manufactured by:
Reckitt Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Repackaged and distributed with permission of manufacturer by:
Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc., 1201 Continental Place NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 2 Tablet Pouch Carton
600 mg guaifenesin & 30 mg dextromethorphan HBr
extended-release bi-layer tablets
EXPECTORANT & COUGH SUPPRESSANT
Thins And Loosens Mucus