Active ingredient (in each capsule)
Naproxen sodium 220 mg
(naproxen 200 mg) (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- minor pain of arthritis
- muscular aches
- menstrual cramps
- the common cold
- temporarily reduces fever
Allergy alert: Naproxen sodium may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Heart attack and stroke: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
Ask a doctor before use if
- the stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease,asthma, or had a stroke
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- taking aspirin for heart attack or stroke, because naproxen may decrease this benefit of aspirin
- taking any other drug
When using this product
take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- you have symptoms of heart problems or stroke:
- chest pain
- trouble breathing
- leg swelling
- slurred speech
- weakness in one part or side of body
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
- you have difficulty swallowing
- it feels like the capsule is stuck in your throat
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use naproxen sodium during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
do not take more than directed
the smallest effective dose should be used
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- if taken with food, this product may take longer to work
- adults and children 12 years and older
- take 1 capsule every 8 to 12 hours while symptoms last
- for the first dose you may take 2 capsules within the first hour
- do not exceed 2 capsules in any 8- to 12-hour period
- do not exceed 3 capsules in a 24-hour period
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
each capsule contains: sodium 20 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Avoid high humidity and excessive heat above 40°C (104°F). Protect from light.
- read all directions and warnings before use. Keep carton.
- swallow whole; do not crush, chew, or dissolve
FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, lactic acid, lecithin, light mineral oil, n-butyl alcohol, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, shellac glaze, sorbitan, sorbitol solution, titanium dioxide, white ink
Questions or comments?
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredient in Aleve®†
Liquid Filled Capsules
Capsules, 220 mg (NSAID)*
Pain Reliever; Fever Reducer
Strength to lasts 12 hours
LIQUID FILLED CAPSULES
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer HealthCare, LLC distributor of Aleve®.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
CVS HEALTH Pain Reliever Fever Reducer