THERACARE MAXIMUM STRENGTH 1% HYDROCORTISONE- hydrocortisone cream
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
- temporarily relieves itching associated with minor skin irritations, inflammation, and rashes due to:
- poison ivy, oak, sumac
- insect bites
- seborrheic dermatitis
- temporarily relieves external anal and genital itching
- other uses of this product should only be under the advice and supervision of a doctor
For external use only
Do not use
- in the genital area if you have a vaginal discharge.
- for the treatment of diaper rash.
- with any other hydrocortisone product unless you have asked a doctor
When using this product
- use only as directed
- avoid contact with eyes
- do not use more than directed unless told to do so by a doctor
- do not put directly into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- condition worsens, symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days, and do not begin use of any other hydrocortisone product unless you have asked a doctor
- rectal bleeding occurs
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
for itching of skin irritation, inflammation, and rashes:
- adults and children 2 years of age and over: apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- children under 2 years of age: consult a physician
for external anal and genital itching, adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- when practical, clean the affected area with mild soap and warm water and rinse thoroughly
- gently dry by patting or blotting with toilet tissue or a soft cloth before applying
- apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- children under 12 years of age: consult a physician
Store at 20-25C (68-77F)
do not use if tube seal under cap is broken
cetostearyl alcohol, edetate sodium, glyceryl monostearate, methylparaben, mineral oil, petrolatum, polysorbate 60, propylene glycol, propylparaben, sorbitan monostearate water.
TheraCare Maximum Strength 1% Hydrocortisone Cream