G-P-TUSS DXP - dexbrompheniramine, dextromethorphan, and phenylephrine syrup
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each 5mL tsp)
|Dexbrompheniramine Maleate, 2 mg
|Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, 20 mg
|Phenylephrine HCl, 10 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- itchy nose or throat
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- nasal congestion
- temporarily controls cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with inhaled irritants
- temporarily restores freer breathing through nose
Do not use
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- may cause marked drowsiness
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase the drowsiness effect
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- new symptoms occur
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- EVERY 4 HOURS
- Adults and Children 12 years of age and older: 5 mL (1 tsp)
- Children 6 to under 12 years of age: (2.5 mL (1/2 tsp)
- Children under 6 years of age: consult physician
- Tamper evident feature: Do not use if inner seal is torn, broken or missing
- Store at controlled room temperature 15-30°C (59-86°F)
- Avoid excessive heat or humidity
Ammonium glycyrrhizinate, D&C red #33, flavor, glycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, methylparaben, polysorbate, propylparaben, purified water, and sucralose
Manufactured in the USA for Kramer Novis.
San Juan, PR 00917
Tel: (787) 767-2072 / www.kramernovis.com
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - G-P-TUSS DXP
16 Fl. oz. (473 mL)
Pharmaceuticals within reach of patients