LANSOPRAZOLE 24 HR- lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
Lannett Company, Inc..
● treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
● not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to lansoprazole
● if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
● liver disease
● had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
● heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
● chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
● frequent chest pain
● frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
● unexplained weight loss
● nausea or vomiting
● stomach pain
● warfarin (blood-thinning medicine)
● prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
● digoxin (heart medicine)
● theophylline (asthma medicine)
● tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicines)
● atazanavir (medicine for HIV infection)
● methotrexate (arthritis medication)
● your heartburn continues or worsens
● you need to take this product for more than 14 days
● you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
● you get diarrhea
● you develop a rash or joint pain
● adults 18 years of age and older
● this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
● it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
● swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
● take every day for 14 days
● do not take more than 1 capsule a day
● swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
● do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Course of Treatment (if needed)
● you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
● do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
● children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
● read the directions, warnings and package insert before use
● keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information.
● store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
● keep product out of high heat and humidity
● protect product from moisture
● close cap tightly after use
ammonium hydroxide, black iron oxide, butyl alcohol, dehydrated alcohol, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, gelatin, hypromellose, iron oxide yellow, isopropyl alcohol, magnesium carbonate, mannitol, methacrylic acid and ethyl acrylate copolymer, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, sugar sphere, talc, titanium dioxide
lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
|Labeler - Lannett Company, Inc.. (006422406)|