ALKA-SELTZER PLUS MAXIMUM STRENGTH COUGH, MUCUS AND CONGESTION POWERMAX- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
Bayer HealthCare LLC.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients (in each capsule) Purposes
Acetaminophen 325 mg…………….………….Pain reliever/fever reducer
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg……………..Cough suppressant
Guaifenesin 200 mg……………………………………………..Expectorant
Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg…………………...Nasal decongestant
· helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid
the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs
· temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
· nasal congestion · sinus congestion and pressure
· minor aches and pains · headache
· cough · sore throat
· temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
· more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
· with other drugs containing acetaminophen
· 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin or severe
allergic reactions. Symptoms may include:
· skin reddening · blisters · rash · hives
· facial swelling · asthma (wheezing) · shock
If a skin or general allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical
help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than
2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea,
or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
● with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or
nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains
acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
● if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor
(MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional
conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping
the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains
an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
● if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its
● in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
● liver disease ● heart disease ● high blood pressure
● thyroid disease ● diabetes
● difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
● persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma,
chronic bronchitis or emphysema
● cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
· pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
· fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
· redness or swelling is present
· new symptoms occur
· cough comes back or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
· nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
· do not take more than the recommended dose
· adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 capsules with water
every 4 hours. Do not exceed 10 capsules in 24 hours or as
directed by a doctor.
· children under 12 years: do not use
Inactive ingredientsFD&C red #40, gelatin, glycerin, lecithin, medium chain triglycerides, polyethylene glycol, potassium aluminum silicate, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, shellac, sodium hydroxide, sorbitol-sorbitan solution, titanium dioxide
ACETAMINOPHEN / Pain Reliever-Fever Reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr / Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin / Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl / Nasal Decongestant
For Fast Relief of:
•Headache, Body Ache Sore Thoat, Fever
24 LIQUID GELS (Liquid Filled Capsules)
|ALKA-SELTZER PLUS MAXIMUM STRENGTH COUGH, MUCUS AND CONGESTION POWERMAX
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)|