COLD AND FLU SEVERE DAYTIME- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
TOPCO ASSOCIATES LLC
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each softgel)||Purposes
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer
|Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg||Cough suppressant
|Guaifenesin 200 mg||Expectorant
|Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg||Nasal decongestant
- temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion & pressure
- cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritation
- minor aches & pains
- sore throat
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 8 softgels in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- a sodium-restricted diet
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin; taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product, do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take only as directed
- do not exceed 8 softgels per 24 hrs
|adults & children 12 yrs & over||2 softgels with water every 4 hours
|children 4 to under 12 yrs||ask a doctor
|children under 4 yrs||do not use
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- protect from light, heat and moisture
FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone K30, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution, titanium dioxide
Call toll free: 1-888-423-0139
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 24 Softgel Blister Pack Carton
*Compare to the active ingredients
in Vicks® Dayquil™ Severe Cold & Flu
Cold & Flu Relief
PAIN RELIEVER-FEVER REDUCER - ACETAMINOPHEN
COUGH SUPPRESSANT - DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr
EXPECTORANT - GUAIFENESIN
NASAL DECONGESTANT - PHENYLEPHRINE HCl
• Headache, Fever, Sore Throat, Minor Aches & Pains
• Sinus Congestion & Pressure
• Nasal Congestion • Cough