BISACODYL- bisacodyl suppository
A-S Medication Solutions
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each suppository)
Bisacodyl USP, 10 mg
- relieves occasional constipation
- this product generally produces a bowel movement in 15 minutes to 1 hour
For rectal use only
Do not use
when abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present.
Ask a doctor before use if you have a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over a period 2 weeks.
When using this product you may experience
- rectal burning
- mild cramps
- abdominal discomfort
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or you fail to have bowel movement after using a laxative. These may be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative product for more than one week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- tear off one suppository from the strip
- peel apart the wrapper
- continue peeling apart to almost the full length of the suppository (see illustration at the right)
- gently remove the suppository from the wrapper
- lie on your side and push suppository, with pointed end first, high into the rectum so it will not slip out
- retain it for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Do not exceed recommended dose
- if suppository seems soft, place in refrigerator for a short time before use
adults and children 12 years and over
1 suppository once daily
|children under 12 years||Ask a doctor
- store at temperatures below 25 C (77F)
- Made in India
Inactive ingredient hard fat
Questions or Comments? 1-800-540-3765
NDC: 50090-5385-0 6 SUPPOSITORY in a BLISTER PACK