ALKA SELTZER PLUS COLD- aspirin, chlorpheniramine maleate, phenylephrine bitartrate tablet, effervescent
Savings Distributors LLC
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Aspirin 325 mg (NSAID)*
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg
Phenylephrine bitartrate 7.8 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
• temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
• minor aches and pains • headache • runny nose • nasal and sinus congestion • sneezing • sore throat
• temporarily reduces fever
Reye's syndrome:Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include: • hives • facial swelling • asthma (wheezing) • shock
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
• are age 60 or older
• have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
• take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
• take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
• have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
• take more or for a longer time than directed
Sore throat warning:If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use to sedate children.
• if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
• if you have had a allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
• in children under 12 years of age
• stomach bleeding warning applies to you
• you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
• you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
• you are taking a diuretic
• you have:
• asthma • diabetes • thyroid disease • glaucoma •difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
• a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis • a sodium-restricted diet
• taking a prescription drug for
•gout • diabetes • arthritis
• taking sedatives or tranquilizers
• do not exceed recommended dosage
• excitability may occur, especially in children
• you may get drowsy
• avoid alcoholic drinks
• alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
• be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
• an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
• you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
• feel faint • vomit blood • have bloody or black stools
• have stomach pain that does not get better
• pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
• fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
• redness or swelling is present
• new symptoms occur
• ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
• nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
• adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 tablets fully dissolved in 4 oz of water every 4 hours. Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
• children under 12 years: do not use
• each tablet contains: sodium 474 mg
• Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine 8.4 mg Per Tablet
• store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, calcium silicate, dimethylpolysiloxane, docusate sodium, flavors, mannitol, povidone, sodium benzoate, sodium bicarbonate
|ALKA SELTZER PLUS COLD
aspirin, chlorpheniramine maleate, phenylephrine bitartrate tablet, effervescent
|Labeler - Savings Distributors LLC (010527359)|