COLD AND FLU- acetaminophen, guaifenesin, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
Spirit Pharmaceuticals LLC
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each softgel)||Purpose
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer
|Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg||Cough suppressant
|Guaifenesin 200 mg||Expectorant
|Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg||Nasal decongestant
- temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion & pressure
- cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritation
- minor aches & pains
- sore throat
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 12 softgels in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product, do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than directed can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed - see
- do not exceed 12 softgels in any 24 hour period
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 2 softgels every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- store between 20-25
- avoid excessive heat
FD&C Yellow # 6, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Compare to active ingredients in Maximum Strength MUCINEX® FAST-MAX® COLD & FLU ALL IN ONE*
Cold & Flu
ACETAMINOPHEN/ PAIN RELIEVER/ FEVER REDUCER
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr/ COUGH SUPPRESSANT
PHENYLEPHRINE HCL/NASAL DECONGESTANT
Temporarily Relieves headache, fever, sore throat,
minor aches & pains, cough, chest congestion,
nasal/sinus congestion & sinus pressure
For Ages 12+