BISACODYL- bisacodyl suppository
Padagis US LLC
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each suppository)
Bisacodyl USP 10 mg
- for temporary relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 15 minutes to 1 hour
For rectal use only
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
When using this product
it may cause stomach discomfort, faintness, rectal burning and milk cramps
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative because this may indicate a serious condition
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
adults and children 12 years of age and over
1 suppository in a single daily dose. Pull apart foil. Insert suppository well into rectum, pointed end first. Retain about 15 to 20 minutes.
children 6 to under 12 years of age
½ suppository in a single daily dose
children under 6 years of age
ask a doctor
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
hydrogenated vegetable oil
Questions or comments?
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Bisacodyl Suppositories, USP
Easy-open plastic packets
Tapered shape for easy insertion