VICKS CHILDRENS NYQUIL COLD AND COUGH MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF- chlorpheniramine maleate and dextromethorphan hydrobromide solution
The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 15 mL tablespoon)
|Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg||Antihistamine
|Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg||Cough suppressant
temporarily relieves cold symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritation
- runny nose
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- to make a child sleep
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product
do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, & tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
|adults & children 12 yrs & over||30 mL (2 TBSP) every 6 hrs
|children 6 to under 12 yrs||15 mL (1 TBSP) every 6 hrs
|children 4 to under 6 yrs||ask a doctor
|children under 4 yrs|| do not use
each tablespoon contains: sodium 71 mg
- store at room temperature
citric acid, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium citrate, sucrose
Dist. by Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati OH 45202.
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 236 ml Bottle Label
COLD & COUGH
Alcohol, Aspirin &
8 FL OZ (236 ml)