Levonorgestrel, USP 1.5 mg
for women to reduce chance of pregnancy af ter unprotected sex (if a contraceptive failed or if you did not use bir th control)
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to levonorgestrel
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) alert
This product does not protect against HIV/AIDS or other STDs.
Do not use
- if you are already pregnant (because it will not work)
- for regular bir th control
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking efavirenz (HIV medication) or rifampin (tuberculosis treatment) or medication for seizures (epilepsy). These medications may reduce the effectiveness of levonorgestrel.
When using this product you may have
- menstrual changes
- breast pain
- lower stomach (abdominal) pain
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
take as soon as possible within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex. The sooner you take it, the better it will work.
if you vomit within 2 hours after taking the medication, call a healthcare professional to find out if you should repeat the dose
read the instructions, warnings, and enclosed product leaflet before use
- this product works mainly by preventing ovulation (egg release). It may also prevent fer tilization of a released egg (joining of sperm and egg) or at tachment of a fer tilized egg to the uterus (implantation).
do not use if carton is open or tear strip is removed or blister seal is broken or missing
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, talc
Questions or comments?
For more information, call toll free 1-800-818-4555 weekdays
- Distributed by:
Ohm Laboratories Inc.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 1.5 mg Tablet Blister Pack Carton
the active ingredient of
Plan B One-Step®
See New Warning
Levonorgestrel Tablet 1.5 mg
- Reduces the chance of pregnancy after unprotected sex
- Not for regular birth control
- The sooner you take it, the more effective it will be
- Take as soon as possible within 72 hours (3 days)
after unprotected sex
- Will not harm an existing pregnancy
1 Tablet Levonorgestrel 1.5 mg
One Tablet. One Step.
SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES, INC.