Miconazole nitrate, USP 200 mg (in each suppository)
Miconazole nitrate, USP 2% (external cream)
- treats vaginal yeast infections
- relieves external itching and irritation due to a vaginal yeast infection
For vaginal use only
Do not use
if you have never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
vaginal itching and discomfort for the first time
lower abdominal, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. You may have a more serious condition.
- vaginal yeast infections often (such as once a month or 3 in 6 months). You could be pregnant or have a serious underlying medical cause for your symptoms, including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- been exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking the prescription blood thinning medicine warfarin, because bleeding and bruising may occur.
When using this product
- do not use tampons, douches, spermicides or other vaginal products. Condoms and diaphragms may be damaged and fail to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- do not have vaginal intercourse
- mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms do not get better in 3 days
- symptoms last more than 7 days
- you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling discharge
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- before using this product read the enclosed consumer information leaflet for complete directions and information
adults and children 12 years of age and over:
suppositories: insert 1 suppository into the vagina at bedtime for 3 nights in a row. Throw applicator away after use.
external cream: Use cap to puncture seal. Squeeze a small amount of cream onto your fingertip. Apply the cream onto the itchy, irritated skin outside the vagina. Use 2 times daily for up to 7 days, as needed.
children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- do not use if suppository wrapper is missing or damaged (each suppository is individually wrapped)
- do not use if seal over tube opening has been punctured or is not visible
- do not purchase if carton is open
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F) [see USP Controlled Room Temperature] excursions permitted to 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).
- suppository: hydrogenated vegetable oil
- external cream: benzoic acid, butylated hydroxyanisole, mineral oil, oleoyl polyoxylglycerides, pegoxol 7 stearate, purified water
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Principal display panel
Compare to the active ingredient in Monistat®3
MICONAZOLE NITRATE VAGINAL SUPPOSITORIES, USP 200 mg and
NICONAZOLE NITRATE VAGINAL CREAM, USP 2%
Cures most vaginal yeast infections and relieves associated external itching and irritation
NET WT Z (g)
*This product is not affiliated with, manufactured by, or produced by the makers or owners of Monistat® 3
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
CVS HEALTH Vaginal antifungal Cream