ACNE MEDICATION 5- benzoyl peroxide gel
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Benzoyl peroxide 5%
Keep out of reach of children
If swallowed get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Clean the skin thoroughly before applying this product
- Cover entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily
- Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- If going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor
- Sensitivity Test for a New User: Apply product sparingly to one or two small affected areas during the first 3 days. If no discomfort occurs, follow the directions stated above.
For external use only
Use twice daily or as directed by Physician.
Brij 30, carbomer, diisopropanolamine, disodium edetate, purified water
Do not use if you
- have very sensitive skin
- are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
- treats acne
- dries up acne pimples
- helps prevent new acne pimples
When using this product
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips and mouth
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling or possible swetting. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration
- skin irritation and dryness are more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time
Stop use and ask a doctor
If irritation becomes severe
Store at room temperature 15 degrees to 30 degrees C (59 degrees to 86 degrees F)
For lot number and expiration date: See box or crimp of tube
Questions or comments?
Principal display panel