DOCUSATE SODIUM- docusate sodium capsule
A-S Medication Solutions
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each softgel)
Docusate Sodium 100 mg
Stool softener laxative
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Do not use
if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told to do so by a doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that last over 2 weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be a signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.
|adults and children 12 years and over||take 1 to 3 softgels daily.
|children 2 to under 12 years of age||take 1 softgel daily
|children under 2 years ||ask a doctor
each softgel contains: sodium 5 mg
- store at 25ºC (77ºF);excursions permitted between 15-30ºC (59-86ºF)
edible ink, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water sorbitan, sorbitol
Questions or comments?
NDC: 50090-6140-1 100 CAPSULE in a BOTTLE, PLASTIC