ALKA-SELTZER PLUS MAXIMUM STRENGTH SEVERE SINUS, ALLERGY AND COUGH- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, doxylamine succinate, phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
Bayer HealthCare LLC.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients (in each capsule)
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg
Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg
Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg
· temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper
· runny nose · sneezing
· itching of the nose or throat · itchy, watery eyes
· temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
· nasal congestion · sinus congestion and pressure
· headache · minor aches and pains · cough
· temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
· more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
· with other drugs containing acetaminophen
· 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin or severe
allergic reactions. Symptoms may include:
· skin reddening · blisters · rash · hives
· facial swelling · asthma (wheezing) · shock
If a skin or general allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use to sedate children.
Do not use
● with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or
nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains
acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
● if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor
(MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional
conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping
the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains
an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
● if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its
● in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
● liver disease ● heart disease ● high blood pressure
● thyroid disease ● diabetes ● glaucoma
● cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
● a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
● difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
● persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma,
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
● taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
● taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
● do not exceed recommended dosage
● may cause marked drowsiness
● avoid alcoholic drinks
● alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
● be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
● excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
· pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than
· fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
· redness or swelling is present
· new symptoms occur
· cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
· nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help
or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention
is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
· do not take more than the recommended dose
· adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 capsules with water
every 4 hours. Do not exceed 10 capsules in 24 hours or as
directed by a doctor.
· children under 12 years: do not use
● store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat above 40ºC
Inactive ingredients D&C yellow #10, FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, shellac, sodium hydroxide, sorbitol sorbitan solution, titanium dioxide
|ALKA-SELTZER PLUS MAXIMUM STRENGTH SEVERE SINUS, ALLERGY AND COUGH
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, doxylamine succinate, phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)|