POVIDONE IODINE PREP- povidone-iodine solution
Jianerkang Medical Co., Ltd
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Povidone lodine USP,7.5% W/V (equivalent to 0.75% titratable iodine)
- Health-care antiseptic for preparation of the skin prior to surgery
- First aid antiseptic to help prevent the risk of skin infection in minor cuts,scrapes,and burns.
For external use only.
- use in the eyes
- use on individuals who are allergic or sensitive to iodine
- apply over large areas of the body
- use as a first aid antiseptic longer than 1 week unless directed by a doctor. Discontinue use if irritation and redness develop. Consult a doctor in case of
- deep or puncture wounds
- animal bites
- serious burns.
Stop use and consult a doctor
if the condition persists or gets worse.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
For preparation of the skin prior to surgery
- clean the affected area remove swab by stick
- apply to the operative site prior to surgery. For use as a first aid antiseptic
- clean the affected area
- apply a small amount of this product on the area 1-3 times daily
- may be covered with a sterile bandage
- if bandaged,let dry first.
store at room temperature: 15°－30°C(59°-86°F)
citric acid, purified water, sodium hydroxide, Nonoxynol-10, glycerin