DELSYM NIGHTTIME COUGH- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and triprolidine hydrochloride solution
RB Health (US) LLC
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each 20 mL)||Purposes
|Acetaminophen 650 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer
|Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg||Cough suppressant
|Triprolidine HCl 2.5 mg||Antihistamine
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever
- temporarily reduces fever
- controls cough to help you get to sleep
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4000 mg in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed (see
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- each 20 mL contains:
sodium 16 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not refrigerate
ammonium glycyrrhizate, anhydrous citric acid, ascorbic acid, edetate disodium, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin (soy), propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, triacetin, triethyl citrate, water, xanthan gum
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Distributed by: RB Health (US)
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 180 mL Bottle Carton
Acetaminophen - Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr - Cough Suppressant
Triprolidine - Antihistamine
✓QUIETS COUGH TO HELP YOU SLEEP
✓ Relieves pain ✓ Treats runny nose
✓ Reduces fever
6 FL OZ (180 mL)
FOR AGES 12+