Active ingredient (in each capsule)
Esomeprazole 20 mg
(Each delayed-release capsule corresponds to 22 mg esomeprazole magnesium dihydrate)
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to esomeprazole
Do not use if you have:
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug. Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 3, ferric oxide, gelatin, glyceryl monostearate, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, meglumine, methacrylic acid and ethyl acrylate copolymer dispersion, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, shellac, sodium lauryl sulfate, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate
Questions or comments?
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredient in Nexium® 24 HR
SEE NEW WARNING INFORMATION
ESOMEPRAZOLE MAGNESIUM DELAYED RELEASE CAPSULES 20 mg
MAY TAKE 1 TO 4 DAYS FOR FULL EFFECT
TREATS FREQUENT HEARTBURN
THREE 14-DAY COURSES OF TREATMENT
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE