APAP ELIXER (ACETAMINOPHEN)- acetaminophen elixir
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each 5 mL = 1 teaspoonful)
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
To reduce fever and for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains due to:
- muscular aches
- minor pain of arthritis
- the common cold
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps.
Temporarily reduces fever.
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if
- adult takes more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- child takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount taken with other
drugs containing acetaminophen
- adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using
Sore throat warning:
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if your child has
- liver disease
- is on a sodium-restricted diet.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product: Do not exceed recommended dose
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur.
- redness or swelling is present.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage.
In case of overdose get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical
attention is critical for adults/children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- shake well before using
- find the right dose on chart below, if possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age
- dosage may be repeated every 4 hours, or as directed by your doctor
- do not use more than 5 doses in 24 hours
- do not use more than 5 days unless directed by a doctor.
|Weight (lbs.) ||Age (years) ||dosage-teaspoonful (tsp.)
| under 24|| under 2|| consult Physician
| 24-35|| 2 to 3|| 1 tsp. (5 mL)
| 36-47|| 4 to 5|| 1 1/2 tsp. (7.5 mL)
| 48-59|| 6 to 8|| 2 tsp. (10 mL)
| 60-71|| 9 to 10|| 2 1/2 tsp. (12.5 mL)
| 72-95|| 11 to 12|| 3 tsp. (15 mL)
| over 95|| 12 to adult|| 4 tsp. (20 mL)
- Store at room temperature 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- protect from freezing
- protect from light
each teaspoon (5mL) contains: sodium 7 mg
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF BREAKAWAY BAND ON CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
citric acid, FD&C red #40, glycerin, PEG 400, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, sorbitol, water, art. cherry flavor