CORICIDIN HBP MAXIMUM STRENGTH FLU- acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, and dextromethorphan hydrobromide tablet, film coated
MSD Consumer Care, Inc.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each tablet)
|Acetaminophen 500 mg
||Pain reliever/fever reducer
|Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg
|Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 15 mg
- temporarily relieves
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen.
Sever liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains a MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or last more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with a rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. Abuse of this product can lead to serious injury.
Taking more than the recommended dose may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
- adults and children 12 years and over:
2 tablet every 6 hours, while symptoms persist, not more than 8 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- protect from excessive moisture
- this product meets the requirements of USP Dissolution Test 2
carnauba wax, FD&C red No. 40 aluminium lake, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
Distributed by MSD Consumer Care, Inc.,
PO Box 377, Memphis, TN 38151 USA,
a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.,
Whitehouse Station, NJ USA.
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 10 Tablet Blister Pack Carton
COLD RELIEF for people with
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Chlorpheniramine Maleate - Antihistamine,
Dextromethorphan HBr - Cough Suppressant,
Acetaminophen - Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
See New Warnings Information
- Body Aches, Pains
- Fever • Cough
- Runny Nose
American Heart Association
Health Information Enclosed