ALKA-SELTZER ORIGINAL FLAVOR- alka-seltzer original flavor tablet, effervescent
Bayer HealthCare LLC.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
● temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
● headache ● muscle pain ● backache
● toothache ● menstrual pain ● colds
● minor pain of arthritis
● temporarily reduces fever
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
· hives · facial swelling · asthma (wheezing) · shock
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is
higher if you
● are age 60 or older
● have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
● take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
● take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription
NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
● have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this
● take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
● if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
● if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if
● stomach bleeding warning applies to you
● you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
● you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
● you are taking a diuretic
● you have asthma
● you have a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for
● diabetes ● gout ● arthritis
Stop use and ask a doctor if
● an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
● you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
● feel faint ● vomit blood ● have bloody or black stools
● have stomach pain that does not get better
● pain gets worse or last more than 10 days
● fever gets worse or last more than 3 days
● redness or swelling is present
● new symptoms occur
● ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin at 20 weeks or later in pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
● fully dissolve 2 tablets in 4 ounces of water before taking
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor||do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours|
|adults 60 years and over||2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor||do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours|
|children under 12 years||consult a doctor|
● each tablet contains: sodium 568 mg
● store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
● Alka-Seltzer Original Flavor in water contains principally the analgesic sodium acetylsalicylate
|ALKA-SELTZER ORIGINAL FLAVOR
alka-seltzer original flavor tablet, effervescent
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)|