DRY EYE TEST- fluorescein sodium strip
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Dry Eye Test Fluorescein Sodium Ophthalmic Strips U.S.P. diagnostic agent is for professional use only
Each strip is impregnated with 0.12 mg of fluorescein sodium USP.
Procedure for measuring Fluorescein
Break-up Time (FBUT) with Amcon Dry Eye Test Strips.
1. Apply one or two drops of non-preserved saline to the
impregnated paper tip. Excess fluid will automatically fall off.
Shaking is neither
required nor desirable.
2. Ask the patient to look down and in.
3. Gently touch the strip to the superior temporal bulbar conjunctiva
for one or two seconds.
4. Ask the patient to blink three times and open eyes naturally.
5. Conduct the FBUT measurements immediately.
6. Perform two consecutive measurements. If not consistent, conduct
a third and average the results.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 using a new strip for the second eye
FBUT values of less than 10 seconds are considered abnormal. Values less than 5 seconds are indicative of dry eye disorder. Values of 5 to 9 seconds are borderline dry eye.
|DRY EYE TEST
fluorescein sodium strip
|Labeler - Nomax Inc. (103220273)|