COLD, FLU AND SORE THROAT- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
DZA Brands LLC
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredients (in each softgel)
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 12 softgels in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product, do not use more than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- do not take more than 12 liquid gels in any 24-hour period
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: take 2 liquid gels every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- store between 15-30°C (59-86°F)
- avoid excessive heat
FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution, and white edible ink
Questions or Comments?
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - Carton Label
CAREONE COLD, FLU & SORE THROAT RELIEF 16 SOFTGELS
*Compare to the active ingredients in Mucinex® Fast-Max® Cold, Flu & Sore Throat