DOCUSATE SODIUM- docusate sodium 100mg capsule
Pharbest Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each softgel)
Docusate Sodium 100 mg
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Do not use if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told to do so by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a stool softener laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- Take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.
|adults and children 12 years and over
||take 1-3 softgels daily
|children 2 to under 12 years of age
||take 1 softgel daily
|children under 2 years
||ask a doctor
- Tamper Evident: Do not use if safety seal under cap is broken or missing
- each softgel contains: sodium 6 mg
- VERY LOW SODIUM
- store at 25oC (77oF); excursions permitted between 15o-30oC (59o-86oF).
keep tightly closed.
D&C Red #33, edible ink, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol special, titanium dioxide
Adverse drug event call: (866) 562-2756 Mon-Fri 8 AM to 4 PM
*Compare to the active ingredient of Colace®
100 mg each